Summer is a bit different, our program includes our fabulous Ride and Splash Half-Day Program (in addition to our regular riding series). Ride and Splash is for children age 8 to 14, and runs weekly from late June through August. The sessions begin at 9 a.m. and end at 1 p.m., or you may choose the afternoon session, from 1 p.m to 5 p.m. You can't beat 'adopting' your own horse for a week, becoming his friend and partner, and having fun with a group of friends who love horses, too. It's RR-- Reality Reality, not VR!
The curriculum includes a barn seminar in grooming, tacking and horse care; the campers groom and tack the horse or pony they will ride, then take a vigorous 90 minute riding lesson and end with a cool-off period.
Absolute Beginner Weeks
If your child has never ridden and would like to start from scratch, we have certain weeks set aside for you! They are:
- June 25--June 29 - Mornings 9 am - 1pm
- July 9--13 -- Afternoons 1p.m. -- 5 p.m.
- July 23--27 -- Afternoons 1pm - 5pm
- July 30--August 3 -- Mornings 9 am - 1pm
- August 6-- August 10 - MINI MIGHTS, age 6, 7, or 8 -- Afternoons 1 pm to 5 pm
- August 13-17 - Afternoons 1pm to 5 pm