Summer is a bit different; our program includes our fabulous Ride and Splash Half-Day Program (in addition to our regular riding series). Ride and Splash is for children age 8 to 14, and runs weekly from late June through August. The sessions begin at 9 a.m. and end at 1 p.m., or you may choose the afternoon session, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. You can't beat 'adopting' your own horse for a week, becoming his friend and partner, and having fun with a group of friends who love horses, too. It's RR-- Reality Reality, not VR!
The curriculum includes a barn seminar in grooming, tacking and horse care; the campers groom and tack the horse or pony they will ride, then take a vigorous 90 minute riding lesson and end with a cool-off period.
Absolute Beginner Weeks
2019 Ride Splash Camp Registration If your child has never ridden and would like to start from scratch, we have certain weeks set aside for you! They are:
- June 24--June 28 - Mornings 9 am - 1pm
- July 8--12 -- Afternoons 1p.m. -- 5 p.m.
- July 15-19 -- Afternoons 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- July 22--26 -- Afternoons 1pm - 5pm
- July 29--August 2 -- Mornings 9 am - 1pm
- August 12-- August 16 - MINI MIGHTS, age 6, 7, or 8 -- Afternoons 1 pm to 5 pm